The subject lands were the site of Gallagh Castle (which no longer exists) which was erected on these lands in 1499 by the 28th Chief O`Kelly. and since then the lands have been occupied and farmed.
Now known as ‘Cruice Lawn’ the approx. 50 acres are laid out in a number of fields all accessed via a central courtyard which has the benefit of a number of outbuildings and courtyard style buildings (which may be suitable for residential renovation SPP).
The lands which have been well maintained throughout the current owners tenure provide high yielding grazing land within walking distance of Castblakeney village.
There is the potential of developing a residential property (and potentially more than one) on the lands (SPP) which would be bound to be popular as the local national school is within 500m of the lands. The property enjoys two cut stone entrance driveways and a further gated entrance on its southern boundary as well as a gated entrance on its eastern boundary.
*The property has the benefit of a well on site.