**SOLD** by James L. Murtagh: Farra Cottage (Period Residence) set on c.48 acres / c.19.31 ha (available in lots)
Agricultural property location: Farra, Bunbrosna, Co. Westmeath.
The property will be offered for sale in the following lots;
- Lot 1: Farra Cottage on c.9.8 acres
- Lot 2: c.38 acres
- Lot 3: Entire
- Farra Cottage comprises a period style residence which dates back to c.1865. Nestled on c.9.8 acres, the property is ideally set back from the main Dublin to Sligo road (N4).
- Accommodation consists dining room and drawing room, 4 bedrooms, a farmhouse kitchen (including a range and beautiful original flagstone floor), a bathroom and separate toilet. There is both mains water and electricity supplied to this property.
Although this property is in need of complete refurbishment it offers immense potential to the right purchasers who could restore it to its former glory.
- The lands are laid out in 8 neat divisions comprising of c.38 acres of prime fattening lands with no waste. The lands benefit from good road frontage to the N4 and also frontage to a secondary tarmac road. The majority of lands are elevated especially those to the south of the holding and benefit from panoramic 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside and Lough Iron.
- The remaining lands are accessed by a rough hardcore roadway which is in charge of Westmeath County Council.
- Although the lands appear to be somewhat neglected they are of top quality fattening lands with great potential for any farming enterprise including, beef, tillage or equestrian.
- This property is ideally located within commuting distance to city life in Dublin, close to all local amenities and services in Mullingar 15km and Ballinalack Village 3km.