**SOLD** James L. Murtagh Auctioneers: 140 acre non-residential grass and tillage farm with a wide range of modern farm buildings.
Agricultural Property Location: Hodgestown, Killucan, Co. Westmeath
This working farm is on a fertile, self-draining crown of land only 1km from Killucan.
James L Murtagh auctioneers are delighted to offer this exceptional 140 acre non-residential grass and tillage farm with a wide range of modern farm buildings at Hodgestown, Killucan, Co Westmeath for sale by public auction.
- The lands benefit from extensive dual road frontage, one of which divides the farm giving it a stretch of double frontage and has limited frontage on to a third road.
- A major part of the holding comprising approximately 121.5 acres, is in one continuous block while a parcel of 18.54 acres in stubbles is located about one hundred yards from the rest of the farm.
- The elevated holding rises to a point where it has a 360-degree view of the surrounding countryside and, on a good day, five counties can be seen.
- The land is the best of limestone grassland without an inch of waste with sufficient soil depth to remain perfectly drained in wet weather and retains sufficient moisture to avoid burning during dry spells.
- The fields, currently grazed by cattle and sheep, are securely fenced in a mix of hedgerow and stock-proof fencing.
- The well-equipped yard is made up of a series of substantial buildings with accommodation for 250 cattle.
- The buildings include an A-roofed, part slatted shed four bays deep with six sections across accommodating creep areas, bedded areas and a feed passage.
- Adjacent to the A-roofed shed is a three column round-roofed shed with lean-tos at either side with one suitable for machinery storage. T
- he space between the two buildings is used as a silage pit. Across the yard, another three column round-roof shed with lean-tos at either side accommodates a dry shed and a slatted shed.
- Other facilities include an enclosed silage pit and a sheep race with a dipping area.
The farm can be bought as an entire or in lots.
Lot 1: 54ac of grazing ground with dual road frontage, the yard and farm buildings. CLICK HERE
Lot 2: 37.4ac of grazing ground with single frontage on a straight stretch of a local road and limited frontage on another road. CLICK HERE
Lot 3: 29.47ac of grassland located across the road from the yard with dual road frontage. CLICK HERE
Lot 4: 18.54ac in stubbles and located on a public laneway a short distance from the main farm with limited frontage on to another road. CLICK HERE
Lot 5: The entire 139.41ac.
Directions: From Killucan, head north on the L156 towards Cloghan Road, turn left onto the Cloghan Road and continue for approx. 1.5km and then turn right. The lands are on either side of the road and continue in parts to the end of the road.