**NEW** to the market from Robt. B. Daly & Son Ltd: Residential Small holding comprising of an old house, with several old farmbuildings set on 12 acres of prime lands. Restoration project.
Agricultural Property Location: Port Togher, Co. Louth. Eircode A92 CK33
FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
By way of online bidding platform. You must register to bid ¦..registration details to follow.
Old House on 12 acres, at Port Togher, Co. Louth. Eircode A92 CK33
We are favored with instructions to sell this neat residential holding comprising of an old house, with several old farmbuildings all on 12 acres of prime lands
Port: Held in Folio LH8293 (Plan No. 1987) 4.84 Hectares (11.96 acres)
- About 1.8 km east of Togher Village in mid County Louth. The Irish Sea and beautiful coastline is only 1.5 km to the east.
- The house and lands are situate down near the end of a small cul-de-sac roadway (taken in charge by Louth Co. Co.) and it offers great tranquility and peacefulness in a nice country setting.
- There is another farm residence on the roadway.
- Located about 250 metres down a narrow country road, Surrounded by farm yards.
The property comprises of an old 2 storied dwelling along the lane and adjacent to its own set of farmbuildings.
- It contains 3 bedrooms, sittingroom and kitchen and bathroom.
- The house has been vacant for c 15 years, and is understandably in a poor state.
- Granted the property will need to be completely re-furbished i.e. windows, heating, wiring, insulation, plastering, re-modelling, kitchen units, sanitary ware, flooring, timber work, and possibly an extension.
But the end result will be that one will have a very quaint and quiet country abode near the beach and everything.
- It offers the canny purchaser an opportunity to sculpt it and re-model it to their own choice.
- This property is priced to sell and would be an ideal refurbishment project for a developer/builder / DIY person.
- The immediate boundaries of the house are tight, and abut the walls, thus leaving no direct side route to the rear garden, only thru the house. However there is access by way of the side fields.
The price takes cognizance of all this.
- In addition the existing house may have replacement potential.
The entire holding is suited for many uses, especially for those living in urban areas looking for recreational grounds, such as for use as a hobby farming enterprise, a hobby garden, to plant vegetables, grow trees, and possibly an attached workshop. This is a rare opportunity to find a country style residential holding so convenient to urban areas.
The property is being sold As is.
- The fields are spread out, in 2 wings, and we are open to offers in 2 sections, if required.
- The fields are well-proportioned and nicely sheltered by mature hedges and trees
- The lands are of the highest of quality, very fertile and currently in grazing
- It commands road frontage. of c 120 metres onto the roadway which is taken in charge by Louth Co. Co.
- As mentioned, another party does have a rights-of-way access, along the side of the north-east field. (not currently registered) (see map)
The traditional farm buildings would make an excellent business opportunity for starting / short term livery, dog kennels etc as a workshop with an agri orientation, it would be a great setting for a pottery workshop arts & crafts workshop, agri – engineering etc. or just storage.
They may even have residential / tourist potential – (all subject to the relevant planning permission )
- Please note, that we are selling the property As is.
- The well and septic tank are non-compliant are the former is in another property.
- However there are long established way- leaves to same.
- We recommend that a purchaser creates a new well and septic tank system.
- There is mains electricity in the property.(currently cut off)
- The rights-of-way, (coloured yellow on the attached map) are As is , and are currently in the process of being registered in the Land Registry but the sale is not conditional on this.
Solicitor having Carriage of Sale: Branigan & Matthews, 33 Laurence St., Drogheda
Guide Price : €170,000. (for house, farmbuildings all on 12 acres)
(please register online to bid – registration details to follow)