**SOLD** by Costelloe Estate Agents: ‘Ballagh House’, a Glorious Period Residence set on 64.66 acres of Top Quality Limestone Land
Agricultural Property Location: Ballagh House, Quin, Co. Clare
‘Ballagh House’ and lands is conveniently situated within 800 meters of the R469 Quin/Sixmilebridge Road just 5.5kms (3.5 miles) south west of the historical village of Quin and 8kms (5 miles) from the bustling town of Sixmilebridge.
‘Ballagh House’ is within easy reach of Ennis Town (16kms) and the M18 motorway (11kms)which provides quick connectivity to Shannon Airport and Limerick City.
‘This farm is located in the heart of one of the prime areas for quality agricultural land in County Clare, renowned for its beef fattening qualities and suitable for most farming practices.’ – David Costelloe, Costelloe Estate Agents –
‘Ballagh House’ dates from the mid 1800’s and comprises a one and a half storey, four bay, gabled house. In later years a single storey extension was added to the rear together with a stunning front porch which features a large Venetian window which came from Ballyline House.
- ‘Ballagh House’, is beautifully positioned on a slightly elevated site, surrounded by a number of attractive mature hardwood and softwood trees.
- It is approached by an 80 metre avenue through a double gated cut stone pier entrance.
- In need of upgrading, Ballagh House features 2/3 reception rooms, 4 bedrooms (master ensuite), kitchen and bathroom.
- To the rear of the house is an old stone farmyard with stables, a former coach house and a more modern 3 bay haybarn with two leanto wings.
- The farm enjoys an extensive road frontage of over 800 meters.
- The land extends to 26.2 hectares (64.66 acres).
- The majority of the farm provides top quality limestone land, suitable for most farming practices.
- It is in great condition having been well cared with good internal and external boundaries.
- Each field has piped water.
The following are the individual room dimensions:-
Front Porch 3.60 x 4.00
Hallway 4.92 x 1.65
Sittingroom 4.90 x 4.52
Dining Room 4.90 x 4.52
Kitchen 4.90 x 5.10
Family Room 6.67 x 2.82
Back Porch 7.16 x 1.23
Bedroom No. 1 4.90 x 4.60
Bedroom No. 2 4.90 x 5.10
Bedroom No. 3 4.54 x 2.40
Bedroom No. 4 4.54 x 2.40
Total gross internal floor area is 197.71 sq mtrs (2,128 sq ft)
The farm is being sold with the benefit of 19 units, at a value of (€109.81 per unit).
- Mains water, sewer and electricity are supplied and connected to the property.
- Heating is by an oil fired system.
- Septic tank (condition unknown).
The property is comprised within folio CE55087F.
* Beautiful pastoral setting
* Exceptional location close to Quin and Sixmilebridge
* Period home with unique features
* Top quality limestone land
* Suitable for most farming practices
* Rare does a property of this size and quality comes on the market.
Connolly O€TMeill, Solicitors, 13 Parnell Street, Ennis, Co. Clare (Mr. Ronan Connolly).