**SOLD** James L. Murtagh Auctioneers: 54 acre non-residential grass and tillage farm with a wide range of modern farm buildings. LOT 1
Agricultural Property Location: Hodgestown, Killucan, Co. Westmeath
This working farm is on a fertile, self-draining crown of land only 1km from Killucan.
LOT 1: Lot 1: 54ac of grazing ground with dual road frontage, the yard and farm buildings.
- The elevated holding rises to a point where it has a 360-degree view of the surrounding countryside and, on a good day, five counties can be seen.
- The land is the best of limestone grassland without an inch of waste with sufficient soil depth to remain perfectly drained in wet weather and retains sufficient moisture to avoid burning during dry spells.
- The fields, currently grazed by cattle and sheep, are securely fenced in a mix of hedgerow and stock-proof fencing.
- The well-equipped yard is made up of a series of substantial buildings with accommodation for 250 cattle.
- The buildings include an A-roofed, part slatted shed four bays deep with six sections across accommodating creep areas, bedded areas and a feed passage.
- Adjacent to the A-roofed shed is a three column round-roofed shed with lean-tos at either side with one suitable for machinery storage. T
- he space between the two buildings is used as a silage pit. Across the yard, another three column round-roof shed with lean-tos at either side accommodates a dry shed and a slatted shed.
- Other facilities include an enclosed silage pit and a sheep race with a dipping area